Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Sherman Alexie
2007 YA National Book Award Winner

Since I finally finished my “have-to-read” stack of books, this weekend I attacked my “want-to-read” stack. First in line: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie. All I can say is that it was great and fantastic and spectacular…etc, and I’m not partial just because he promoted me to a “volunteer of the gods” when he signed my book at PNBA. The book was just awesome; one of those deep, thought-provoking books that you actually enjoy. If you’re looking for a gift for a young adult (or young adult at heart), check it out!

Also, Debbie Reese has a short video interview of Alexie on her blog at:

http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/

No comments: